Wednesday, February 23, 2011

GASC 2011

While my blog is suppose to be about my journey into and at college, I don't see why I can't record the wonderful memories that I'm having at the end of great Senior year.
At seven in the morning this past Friday, myself and 10 other delegates boarded that big yellow bus on the two hour ride to FFA-FCCLA Camp in Covington, Ga. Did I just say FFA? As in Future Farmer's of America? Yeah... I did. Don't worry. I'm not about to drop my Early Edu. major for farming. We went down for the annual Georgia Association of Student Council, or GASC, convention. I can NOT believe it was my last. And thanks to the hard working North Gwinnett Student Council, it was the best convention yet. The wonderful combination of delegates from North Forsyth alone made it unlike any other.

Here are some of the highlights:


The entire weekend was ABSOLUTELY amazing! I bonded with my advisers more than ever before, all the delegates got along, and memories were made that will never be forgotten.
One thing I know will stay in my memories and in my heart forever is getting chosen as GASC Member of the Year 2011. Yes, it was a great honor. But more importantly, it represents a bond that transformed from nonexistent to unforgettable. Savannah Sanders, my Co-vice president, and Cara Came, the president, took it upon themselves to nominate me for Member of the Year, which included filling out a sheet of my accomplishments and doing an interview. Needless to say, I cried... hard!!

And on a less personal note, my school was elected Secretary school for the 2011-2012 school year! How did we win? It definitely required some skill...

Click HERE to see a little "Hello"!
Click HERE to see our skit that won over the crowd!
Click HERE to see our Rap themed Roll Call!
Click HERE to see the turn over!

2 comments:

  1. AMBS! Ahhhhh I love you so so so so much! :) Glad we came full circle and we are best friends, you know?! You definitely deserved it and I'm so happy for you that you got it! You totes deserved it. :)

    "Heeeyyy....we nominated Cara..."
    I will NEVER forget that face.
    Love you!
    Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAVVVY! I love you so so much! I'm glad we did too! I know exactly what you mean. Thank you SOOOO much for doing that! It's still unbelievable :) You're such a trickster!

    ReplyDelete