Wednesday, March 2, 2011

He loved me, He loves me not

I absolutely love flowers! 

So, it's not surprising that I like to keep them around as long as possible. I'm sure everyone has heard of drying flowers...


Dry Flowers upside down do that they keep their shape.
 
... But I like to put a special spin on it! I found myself with many bundles of dried flowers from different occasions, but couldn't exactly remember who had given me the flowers or why they gave them to me. So, I started making labels for my flowers. Here's how I do it:

1) I tear the edges of a piece of red card stock to give it a worn look. Card stock is better to use than printer paper because it is thick and more durable.
2) I use a gold Painters pen to right a quote that explains what the flowers are from. For example, my boyfriend, Bryson, got me flowers when I was sick. So, I put "Get Well Soon". On the back, I write who they are from and when I recieved them. Bryson got me my "Get Well Soon" flowers in January 2011.
 
3) I cut two little holes about an 1 1/2 inches apart. I string yarn through the holes and tie a knot. Trim the string and done.
Now those beautiful flowers from the special someone will last forever! And I'll always know why they're special!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I love how this is a "tutorial" which is right up my alley. I also love how incredibly careful of a writer you are. Your grammar is spot on and makes this mama proud!

    Oh, I tweeted this post to my followers at twentysomethng. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's totally understandable why those kids believed I was your daughter :) Spell check is my best friend.
    I definitely looked at your tutorials for inspiration! And now way!! Oh my gosh... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete